Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Our Anniversary Weekend

This past weekend my parents generously offered to come over to our house and babysit Sofia over night so Josef and I could go and celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary. We instantly knew where we wanted to stay: The Gaylord Texan. We stayed there two years ago for our one year anniversary and fell in love with the resort so we decided to pack our bags and head back.

Unfortunately for you, our camera still isn't in working order so we didn't take any pictures. However I did surf the internet a little and found some bootleg pictures to make this post a little more pleasing to the eye. If that still doesn't satisfy you, well you can click here and here to read my posts (which have tons of pictures) from 2 years ago.

Josef took Friday off for our special weekend away. We left Sofia in the capable arms of my mother at noon. Our first stop was the temple. After eating an awesome lunch in the cafeteria (if you ever are in the mood for some serious down home cooking before doing some temple work, then go here), we went and did sealings. Josef and I were giddy and couldn't stop smiling through the whole thing. The sealer must have thought we were newlyweds because he jokingly asked us how long we had been married and even had us kiss. It was an awesome way to celebrate and we both decided to make it a tradition.

From there we headed to the resort. Here's a picture:

We decided to splurge and upgrade to an atrium view (instead of a parking lot view) which I highly recommend. Here is a picture of what our room looked like and a picture of the main atrium (there are 3 total):

With nothing to do for a couple hours Josef and I decided to be lazy and watch Stars Trek on demand in our room. At 6:30pm we had dinner reservations at the Old Hickory Steakhouse at the resort. To say that the food was amazing would be a bit of an understatement. I cannot remember the last time I had food that tasted that good. Which means that this could have quite possibly been the best (and most expensive) meal I've ever eaten. Every bite was as good as the first and left me wanting to lick the plate, but I didn't because it was a pretty swanky place. When I made the hotel reservations I told them it was our anniversary and apparently they past on that info because just as we were contemplating dessert, they brought us one "complements of the chef." Free dessert? Awesome! Here's another bootleg picture of the restaurant:

Later that night we went to the night club at the resort, The Glass Cactus. The band playing that night was a Rolling Stones cover band. They were actually really good. I just couldn't get over the fact that they were all pushing 50, at least, and trying way too hard to look like the Rollings Stones. It was pretty comical to me. After I got over that, Josef and I enjoyed some dancing, even though were the youngest people on the dance floor by at least 10 years (for me it was more like 15).

We slept in until 8:30 (meaning I got 2 extra hours) the next morning which felt like heaven. After having a deeeelicious all-you-can eat breakfast at the Riverwalk Cafe we headed back to our room where I slept until 11:30 (oh yeah, my favorite part) and Josef watched sports. Then we checked-out and headed home.

What an awesome 26-hour vacation! I can't wait for the next one!!!

No comments: