Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Gaylord Texan

So after Josef and I found out that we were going to have a baby girl, we headed straight for a little vacation at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine. We had such a wonderful time, I don't know if it could have been better. First of all, the resort is AMAZING. I haven't ever seen anything like it. It is made of three Atriums. There are six different places to eat as well. The largest Atrium is the Lone Star Atrium here are a few pictures, which of course don't do it justice.




May I remind you that this is all inside, which makes is even better because you feel like your outside, but stay out of the Texas heat. The other two attriums are the Hill Country atrium (which we didn't really get any pictures of) and the Riverwalk Attrium. Here's a picture of the Riverwalk Attrium.


After we checked in we headed to our room. They gave us a complimentary upgrade to an oversized room. The room was huge, by our standards anyway. We're used to small box like rooms with hard as a rock mattresses. It was nice to sleep in a King-sized bed for a change, and the mattress was actually comfortable. Before dinner we did some exploring at the resort and took lots of pictures.





For dinner we ate at Texan Station, which is a sports bar, but it was smoke free. Actually the entire resort is smoke free, Yeah! Texan Station has the largest "Big Screen TV" I have ever seen. It was 15 feet tall and 52 feet wide; it was basicall a theater screen. Unfortunately there weren't any good games on, not that I'm the one to determine that by any means. After dinner we went to our room to let our food digest and then we went swimming. The pool was a little cold since the sun went, but it was fun once we got used to it. When we were done we got some Haagen Daaz ice cream from the coffee house that's open 24 hours. It was yummy!!
The next morning we had breakfast at the Riverwalk Cafe' and it was all you can eat! And trust me I took that as a challange. Lets just say I gained four or five pounds in the two and a half days we were there. At one o'clock I got a prenatal massage, while Josef worked out at the really nice fitness room. I guess we have different ways of pampering ourselves. My message was probably the most relaxing experience of my life! It was a full body massage, including my scalp. The spa at the hotel is so nice; all about pampering yourself, complete with a slumber room that has lounges and waterfalls. Next we went for another swim at the pool, and ate our lunch poolside. It was nice to give my blindingly white skin some exposure to sunlight and I only burned a little.
This post is getting kinda long so I'm going to break it up into two.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Funny: I was just looking for something about the Gaylord Texan -- to see if there are any comments about how it is to stay there with a baby -- when I saw your post. Cute :)
I have a 10 month old and we are heading there this weekend, just wanted to have an idea on what to expect! Well, you went there... "with Baby", but in a different way! Congrats!
And I love the music player: I am a BIG fan of Lifehouse!
Take care!