Sunday, December 2, 2007

I'm such a slacker!!

Man I need to be more on the ball with my postings. Sorry it has taken me so long to post anything. Well a lot has gone on since the last time I wrote something, so get ready for a long post.

THANKSGIVING
We had a ton to eat this thanksgiving, since we had two dinners!! The day started off with Josef playing football with the elders quorum while I made the most delicious recipe ever for yams and watched the parade on t.v. ( a time honored tradition). Then we headed over to Josef's parents for our first dinner. The nice thing about a large family is that everyone can bring something to thanksgiving dinner, giving a nice relief to my mother-in-law. After catching a little bit of the footbal game, we went to my parents for our second dinner. Then we watched Hairspray and went through the ads for black friday. I think my Mom and I enjoyed this last part more than the men. I was really good about controlling my portions the whole day, so I wasn't overwhelmingly full at the end of the day. Here's a picture my Dad took of me at dinner, I'm 30 weeks in this picture.


MY BIRTHDAY
My birthday was the 26th (the monday after thanksgiving). On Sunday Josef made me a cake and gave me my presents, which were a Willow Tree figure of a husband and wife holding a baby, and the last Harry Potter book. I finished the book on thursday and am really happy with the way it ended. On Monday we went out to eat with my parents to a fondue resturant (The Melting Pot). It was soooo good and fun. If you haven't ever had fondue, you really need to try it, there's alot more to it than dipping stuff in cheese and chocolate. Here are some pictures from my birthday.




THE BABY SHOWER
Yesterday a good friend from our ward threw me a baby shower. It was alot of fun and I got alot of cute baby clothes as well as some really useful stuff. Josef's parents got us the Jungle Jumperoo by Fisher Price, which I'm extremly excited about because I've always heard people rave about it. Christine did such an awesome job with everything, the decorations were so cute. She decorated her Christmas tree with pink streamers and made cute little favors. She reminds me of Martha Stewart! So here are some pictures from the baby shower.

Just Lounging

My sister made me a breast feeding shield. I'm so proud of her cuz sewing is just not in our genes!

Someone made a huge hooded towel, maybe I'll use it until little Sofia is big enough

This is the beautiful tree.

No comments: