Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Shot@Life Summit

At the end of January, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a summit in Washington DC with 50 other women and a handful of men from around the country.
Photo Credit: UN Foundation
We met to learn about the United Nations Foundation's newest campaign called Shot@Life. This movement is working at the grassroots level to raise money and awareness to give children in developing countries life saving vaccines.
Photo Credit: UN Foundation

Photo Credit: UN Foundation
My main take away from this experience was the power and importance of each voice. I met women from all walks of life, of all ages, professions, cultures, religions, etc. At first I felt a bit intimidated by these amazingly accomplished women, but then I got to know them better and realized that on many levels they are no different then myself.
I learned that even a twenty something mom of two kids, who most days struggles to keep her head above water, can make a difference. My voice, as quiet as it may seem, and opinions do matter.
Shot@Life Join the Movement



No comments: