Saturday, February 13, 2010

Yesterday

I have a perfectly good explanation why I didn't blog yesterday. I honestly truly didn't have the opportunity to post anything. I'm sure if I had prioritized and organized my time a little bit more efficiently it would have worked out, but I didn't. So once again you get two posts in one day.

Wednesday it snowed for almost 24 hours straight and by the time it stopped there was almost a foot of snow on the ground. When we woke up yesterday morning it looked like we had new cushions on our patio furniture.


Yesterday, Sofia and I took my dad out to lunch for his birthday. Before he came over I had Sofia decorate his card. She did a great job and really enjoyed making it pretty for "Paga" (that's how she says grandpa). Sofia even made a few recognizable circles when I asked her too. Its so fun to see her learn new things!


I made Josef promise that he would come home early so we could play in the snow. I was feeling pretty left out when I saw all the snowmen in everyone's yards. Sofia was a little cautious of the snow at first, but she started to really enjoy it. Unfortunately it came up to her knees in some places which made it hard to walk through. Especially with no real snow gear, but we still had lots of fun and lasted for about half an hour.
Don't you love my plastic bag shoe covers courtesy of Kroger and Sprouts? Also I just have to say that Josef didn't do all of the work on the snowman, just 2/3. I rolled the head and would have put it on top, but it was to darn heavy.

Later that night we watched our friend's daughter and once the girls were in bed we watched the opening ceremonies for the Olympics while munching on cinnamon bears and chocolate turtles from Sprouts. Josef and I both agreed that one day before we die we will go see the Olympics (more specifically the Winter Olympics). I always feel like a little wide eyed child when I watch. My favorite sports are ice skating, snow board half pipe, and the ski jump. Whats your fave?

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow that's a huge snowman! We're bummed we can't watch the olympics cuz they don't come on online. :( I love the figure skating and long jump myself. Butof course we watch them all.

Amanda said...

Totally off subject...where did you get your tv stand?

Jenny said...

Amanda, we got it at Sam's Club (at a great deal by the way). We have a few pieces of furniture from them that are surprisingly great quality!

Laura Garner said...

I can't believe how much it snowed there! Crazy!