Thursday, August 27, 2009

Utah Trip: Part 1

A couple weeks ago Josef, Sofia, and I went to Utah for a couple family reunions. Unfortunately, our camera decided to start having issues the morning we left so I didn't take any pictures........ But thankfully my dad took hundreds, so I mooched off of him the entire trip. It actually turned out better this way because he took way more then I ever would have and I got to enjoy myself instead of messing with our camera!

There are so many pictures and fun things we did so I'm breaking our trip up into multiple posts.
Sorry for all the details! Feel free to skim!!

Thursday: We flew to Salt Lake with my parents. It was Sofia's first plane ride and I'm really grateful that there were 4 adults to attempt to keep Sofia entertained. Unfortunately, we scheduled the flight during her nap time thinking that she would just fall asleep on the plane, but of course nothing ever goes as planned and she stayed awake the whole time and cried the last 10-15 minutes of the flight. Here are some pictures of Sofia on the plane in my mom's lap, which is where she wanted to be most of the time.

We (my mom and dad, my sister Katie and her family, and Josef, Sofia, and I) stayed with one of my mom's brothers and they were the best hosts. We felt like we had gone to stay at some lush resort. They really made our vacation amazing. So a huge thank you to Tim and Carol's generosity!!

Friday: With my parents and sister and her family busy with other things, Josef and I decided to go see some mountains. We went down the street to Mueller Park in Bountiful. We attempted to take a little hike, but with no other way to carry Sofia besides our arms, we didn't get very far. It was beautiful though. I miss living by mountains and seeing such beautiful scenery. I couldn't get over how good it felt to breath the air. It smelled so sweet and clean! It's so hard not to be happy in an environment like that. Some day maybe we will live by mountains again.

Saturday: In the morning we kicked off the Knight family reunion with some temple work. Something I love about the Knight family is how much everyone loves the temple. One of the most important things I learned from my Grandma Knight, who worked in the temple until just months before she passed away, is temple work. Being in the temple with my husband, dad, cousins, aunts, and uncles was amazing and one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. After we were done we all gathered together for a group picture.



Then we headed across the street for a big family lunch, slide show, a drive up Mount Bountiful, dinner, screening of my cousins award winning documentary In Pursuit of Panama, and just catching up with all our wonderful family!

2 comments:

Scott Blog said...

I am waiting for the day when we get to go on a vacation like that! Sounds like you had a good time, besides the plane ride :)

Amy said...

that sounds awesome. I hope we have a good family vacation when we come in a week and a half!