Monday, July 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


I'm not feeling very well today. So I'm going to make this quick, so I can go lay down while Sofia is still napping. Here is what 's on our dinner menu for the week, starting with last night:

Sunday: Leftovers from Independence Day BBQ (post to come soon)
Monday: Chicken and Pesto Couscous Salad, Steamed vegys, and garlic rolls
Tuesday: Pasta Fagioli Soup, tossed salad, and rolls
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: BBQ Chicken and Cornbread Casserole, and tossed salad
Friday: Eat out
Saturday: Egg Salad BLT's, and Corn on the Cobb

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to switch up the order of the menu to fit my mood or time constraints of the day.

Two of these recipes (chicken cornbread casserole, and pasta fagioli) come from another favorite food blog of mine $5 Dinners. All the recipes she post's are for $5 or under! Its great, you should check it out!! She does it by growing her own vegetables (which I hope to do some day) and creating meals around grocery sales, and what she already has in her pantry. Sometimes I can't make the recipe for $5 but it is teaching me to save money when I plan meals. And who doesn't want to save money!

For more recipes and menu planning ideas for the week check out orgjunie.com!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

thanks! YOu gave me some ideas:) I hope you feel better quick!

Amanda said...

Let me know how those 2 meals from the $5 site turn out...I might try them...Have u already cooked them before? I love to use the crock pot and they look easy!

Jenny said...

I've made the BBQ Chicken and Cornbread Casserole before and its really good. I haven't made Pasta Fagioli yet though. I will let you know how it goes! Oh and the Pork roast from last week was soooo good! I highly recommend it (just sub broth for wine).