Friday, July 3, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

I figure I better get this post out of the way before Independence Day so I'm not too behind. Our Father's Day weekend was so fun. Saturday we headed out to the lake with friends, grilled some burgers and hot dogs, played at the beach, and got photographed for some state park project. Carly took a bunch of pics with my camera and after reviewing them I was horrified by my posture (which made my butt look big and tummy look flabby). So here are the pictures I will allow to be seen:

The Group (Josef really hates this picture because of the way he's holding Sofia, but since I'm the author of the blog I pick the pics, sorry Josef)


Later that night we went to an improve comedy night at Dave and Buster's with more friends. The best part was dads got in free!
Sunday morning we went to church where Josef got delicious cookies and ate them all before we got home. I have to admit I was disappointed he didn't share any with me (I shared my Mother's Day candy with him) but he deserved it. Josef is such an amazing father to Sofia and she's loves him so much. She is really turning into a daddy's girl. Some times I feel sad when she would rather have daddy then me, but it makes me happy that they have such a special bond.

Sunday evening I cooked a delicious meal (if I may toot my own horn) for Josef, my dad, and my mom that consisted of smothered filet mignon, stuffed blue cheese potatoes, tossed salad, and apple pie. Ok so the salad and and pie were courtesy of my parents and the filet mignon was somewhat of a group effort. But let me tell you about the potatoes. They were to DIE for; they were the best potatoes I have ever had. The recipes is from Our Best Bites which is one of my favorite food blogs. I did make a few substitutions (like adding fat free sour cream) to make them a little healthier, but they were still so good. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the potatoes, but here is a picture of the yummy steaks hot off the grill.

For Father's Day I surprised Josef with his gift. Anyone who knows me well knows I can't keep a secret or lie to save my life, but lie I did! I was so proud of myself. And the fabulous present I strove so hard to keep a secret? Tickets to go see U2 in concert this October. Josef has been talking about this concert for a while and was so excited to realize that we're going! Woo Hoo!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

wow thats awesome. sorry I haven't realized ytou posted so .many great job on the food.