Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day One: Clean Sweep

Yesterday was the first day of my Spring Cleaning Party. The focus of the day was a clean sweep. My take on that was to pick up and put away, and some light cleaning. Unfortunately Sofia was not the happiest yesterday so the cleaning part of my day was extremely light, but I was able to pick up and put everything away. Through the process I made mental notes of the areas of the house that need major organizing during my "party". One trick for picking up that helped me be more efficient was to bring a big laundry basket with room to room and through anything in there that belonged elsewhere in the house. Then at the end of the day I tackled the basket, which took maybe 5 minutes or less. Here are the before after pics.






I have more, but I'm not going to bore.

On the agenda for Day Two: Living Room Part 1
  • Dusting and polishing (including ceiling fan blades)
  • Wash windows inside and out
  • Vacuum window sills
  • Clean mirror and picture frames

2 comments:

Amy said...

wow looks great! didn't even look that bad to begin with though. I'm glad I can finally see some of the new stuff you guys have. Love the couch or what I can see from it and I also love the yellow living room, which is what I'm doing once we actually have a house!

Paige and Family said...

looks great!!