Friday, May 9, 2008

Whats With Old People??

So Tuesday I was in the parking lot of Sprouts (love that store) putting Sofia's car seat on a shopping cart and this old man peeks under the sun shade at my sleeping daughter. He then remarks "Aw, what a cute little fella!". Fella? Are you kidding me? She was dressed in a purple onesie and had a light pink blanket on her lap! A similar incident happened last week at target when I was checking out. The old woman at the cash register asked me "How old is he?". I told her "She's three months old". The old lady look mildly embarrassed and mumbled something about Sofia's hair. Um, hello all baby's have short hair! Again Sofia was dressed in a girlie onesie with the same light pink blanket. So I admit that her carrier is kind of boyish because I wanted to use it if we have a boy next. But come on pink and purple are GIRLS colors or is pink the new blue?

Last fall when I was preggo we went down to Southeast Texas to visit with some of Josef's extended family. We were at a restaurant celebrating his g-ma's b-day and I was talking to my sister in-law when some old lady comes up to us and asks me when I'm due. Then she turns to my sister in-law and asks the same question. She did not even look close to being pregnant, I think this woman was a little senile and tactless.

So after all this I ask the question: What's with old people?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Seriously, I think they are just all senile and can't see so they just assume whatever they want. They are really irritating, Sofia looks like a pretty little girl and next time that happens I would just tell them they need to put their glasses on and think and LOOK before they speak! That happened with Ayden at Erica's shower, but it was someone younger. It was like hello she's wearing a dress that says Sweet on it...dumb people bug me.

Scott Blog said...

Those are some funny stories! Same thing happened with Ayden a few times. Just wait until our kids start saying things about old people! That will be fun.