Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Apartment

We moved this weekend to a new apartment about a half a mile down the road from our previous apartment. This one is so much nicer and bigger; it has two bedrooms instead of one. The only complaint I have is about the kitchen. The cabinet space just makes absolutly no sense, so it took some creative thinking and arranging to get our stuff to fit. However, we still have alot of things on top of the cabinets and in our storage closet. And yet we needed more space after all that, so Josef and I went to Walmart yesterday and bought this rolling kitchen island thing that has a big drawer for my silverware and a cabinet with shelves for various other things. We also went to Ikea, I love that store, and bought a nice bookcase for our extra bedroom. Then we went to PetsMart and bought Reesie, our cat, a big cat tree. Yesterday was probably the most energetic I've felt my entire pregnancy. I almost felt normal! And after all that shopping and walking, I still felt good enough to go grocery shopping, come home, make dinner AND dessert. I felt like such a good wife!!!

Its funny how a nice place to live motivates me to actually decorate. In our last place, we had nothing on the walls, except for the Family Proclamation, which I think we only put up cuz there was already a hole there. Now I want to put up the many paintings and pictures we have. Josef has an ever growing "Honey Do" list of things to hang up for me. I'm still in the process of unpacking and getting rid of the boxes, so when that gets done I will post pictures of our beautiful apartment. Hopefully this will be by the end of the week.

I don't have any pictures to post this go-round so I will leave you with a short video of my nephew Aaron, rolling over at just barely three months. Actually I think he's been doing this for a while. I'm no child development expert but I think thats pretty advanced for his age. I can't wait to see him, I leave for Arizona in two weeks!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ahh Jenny I can't wait to see the new place. Sorry I wasn't there to help out. I hope you guys had plenty of help!