Thursday, January 17, 2013

School

Sofia and I both started school this fall.  For her its was Pre-k and for me it was an online statistics class.  She has really been growing and thriving in her preschool.  Between her two teachers, whom she absolutely adores, they have more then thirty years of experience.  The school has a curriculum that is called Land of the Letter People. Each letter has a person with unique characteristics beginning with that letter.  For instance, Mr. Z loves zippers, Mr. I likes to measure in inches, and Ms. F likes the forest.  With each letter person the students get a book to take home and read.  It's fantastic!

I did really well in my statistics class.  My final grade was an A, so I was happy about that.  I was blessed to be able to study and concentrate despite noisy distracting circumsctances.  One afternoon I was desperately trying to study for a test. Sofia was at school and Mason was bored, clingy, and sick.  The only way I could study was standing at the countertop in the kitchen (he wouldn't tollerate me sitting down at the computer) and letting him do this at my feet:
Miraculously those precious fifteen minutes were all I needed to ace my test.

This semester I unfortunately have to take a break while I sort out some mysterious college credits floating around in California.

SOMEDAY I will graduate from college.  But I don't know when that SOMEDAY will be.  It is an uphill battle as a stay at home mom.  For now I am enjoying (or trying to enjoy) being an eternal student.

No comments: