Monday, September 19, 2011

Mason Alexander

Mason Alexander was born Wednesday September 14th at 5:50pm weighing 7 lbs 8oz and 19inches long. We are all in love with this little boy!

During a 39 week exam with my doctor we discovered that I was 5 cm dilated but not yet in active labor. My doctor offered to induce me that day because she was worried about me already being half way dilated and not making it to the hospital in time. So with that we dropped Sofia with a friend and headed to the hospital. It didn't take much pitocin to put me into labor. After my water broke I received an epidural which didn't work initially. They gave me more epidural which finally worked 45 minutes later, but left my legs 100% numb. It felt like being paralyzed. Which is not a feeling I enjoyed, but I was grateful to be out of pain. After pushing through 4-5 contractions our precious son was born.

Receiving oxygen because each contraction made Mason's heart rate plummet.

Josef took a picture of the clock at the exact moment he was born. 5:50:36pm




Sofia is so in love with her brother! She loves to help out in anyway she can and always wants to hold him, kiss him, and watch him to make sure he's ok.


Finally a family of four!

Sofia and her bunny wanted to get some sun with her baby brother.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats! He's precious:) And you look wonderful!

Eric and Amy said...

YAY! Congrats! I'm so excited for you and your family. And so relieved to know you are out of your prego misery. I hope recovery goes perfectly and adjusting to 4 is amazing. Miss you! Best wishes!

Amy said...

Congrats! He is so adorable. I wish I could meet him now. Glad your labor wasn't too hard.

Jess said...

That is so special! I am so happy for you:)

Julia and Cody said...

So happy for you and your family! He is so handsome! I love the idea of taking a picture of the clock!! :) congratulations!