Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pain

I have been in so much pain the past several days. At first it started out as what I thought was round ligament pain, but with the use of a maternity support belt that has pretty much gone away. The pain has gravitated and as is mostly focused in my pelvis. I would say that the pain, at times is more then what I experienced after giving birth to Sofia. I have spent more time crying the past few days total then I have the past few months. It hurts anytime I am standing and especially when walking. At the worst times I feel crippled; unable to walk because it is unbearable. Sitting and resting helps a little, but I honestly can't do that for more then 15-30 minutes at a time with Sofia.

After doing some research online (yes I am one of those people who google's their symptoms), I think I may have something that effects some pregnant called SPD. I seem to fit every symptom. I won't go into detail (you can google it if you are curious), but suffice it to say it involves pelvic pain so intense that some pregnant women use crutches or a walker to get around. Thankfully it hasn't gotten to that point just yet, but I can see it getting there. Another discouraging fact is that in most cases it comes back and comes back earlier in future pregnancies. I am told that physical therapy can help and that the pain goes away almost as soon as you give birth. I just pray that the next 6.5 weeks go by quickly!

1 comment:

A Whole New You! said...

I'm hoping for that too Jenny! Hang in there and in no time, the babe will be in your arms!