Thursday, July 8, 2010

Piano Lamp

I decided to try my hand at spray painting last week, but I wanted to stick with a low risk project. So I thought that my ugly brass piano lamp would be the perfect test subject. I primed it and then spray painted it with a few coats of satin nickel. Here are a couple pictures of my project:

Primed...

And Painted

The lamp looks much better, however I'm not crazy about the paint. I want it to be more shiny and smooth, like real metal. I bought the cheap-o brand at Wal-mart, so I'm going to try a more expensive brand from the hardware store. If I find a paint we love then I will move on to other brass items like ceiling fans and outdoor lights.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Oh I think it turned out really well! Nice!

Amy said...

that looks great. Although my first reaction was, yikes too ugle but then realized I was looking at the primed lamp lol :-) Good job on the real thing though!