Monday, July 20, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Sorry about my hiatus from Menu Plan Monday last week. Even though I did plan out our meals last week, I just didn't feel like blogging. It was one of those weeks! Here's the run for this week starting on Sunday:

Sunday ( big family dinner with my parents, cousin and her family): Marinated and grilled chicken thighs; Paula Deen's Corn Casserole (to die for!); steamed vegys and Raspberry-blackberry jello, courtesy my mom; and brownies with ice cream for dessert (thanks Bethanie).
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Shredded chicken marinara and spaghetti (freezer meal), Roasted red potatoes, and Steamed vegetables. Side note: I used this recipe for the spaghetti sauce and skipped the meatballs. I put in frozen chicken breasts instead and cooked until they were done, then shredded the chicken into the sauce. There was so much I froze the leftovers we didn't eat. Oh and I left out the red wine.
Wednesday: French dip sandwiches, and tossed salad
Thursday: Leftovers from wed. or BBQ Beef sandwiches using leftover roast. We'll see what I feel like.
Friday: Eat out
Saturday: Pasta Fagioli (carried over from a couple weeks ago), garlic rolls, and tossed salad

As always, for more menu plans head on over to orgjunkie.com!

One last thing, I thought I would share a new-to-me food blog. I've tried one of her recipes so far which was soooo good and have numerous others bookmarked to use in the future. It's called Cooking During Stollen Moments. Check it out!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I love brownies with ice cream....with hot fudge!!