Saturday, June 27, 2009

Farmers Market

I went to the farmers market that's here in our town this morning. I was excited to go check out the fresh produce and support the local farmers. Especially in this economy, I get such a sense of fulfillment supporting locally owned businesses.


Here are some tips for shopping at a Farmers Market:

  • Set a specific budget and only bring that much in cash. This way you don't go over board (I speak from experience).
  • Look at the grocery store circulars before go, so you have an idea of what the produce should cost. For instance, today I didn't buy cucumbers for $1 each at the FM because I knew I could get them at Kroger for 50 cents each.
  • As with any shopping, go with a list or specific need in mind. This makes it easier to stay in budget and you don't end up buying things that will just rot in your fridge (again I speak from experience).

I hope you all are having a fun summer and enjoying the heat (if that's possible). Later tonight I'll post about all our fun summery Father's Day activities!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the tips!

Scott Blog said...

I've never thought about checking the circulars before hand; great idea! So where does the raspberry scone fit into your meal plans :)

Amy said...

those are great tips! we have one here that we can go and get stuff for free at