Friday, January 23, 2009

Delicious 30th Birthday

Josef's 30th Birthday was last Wednesday and I took it as an opportunity to try out a couple recipes from my two new FAVORITE recipe blogs. I'm sure some of you have already heard of Picky Palate and Our Best Bites. The recipes these women have developed (for the most part by themselves) look mouth watering. The two recipes I tried out were soooooo yummy! I can't wait to try out some cupcake recipes I found for Sofia's Birthday next Saturday. At the end of the post are the links to the recipes I've tried so far. Just to warn you they are delicious, but not extremely health conscious.

Anyways back to Josef's Birthday. I didn't get any pictures, darn it. For his Birthday Josef bought himself a new designer suit that was 70 or 80% off. I'm so proud that he found such a great deal. Finding amazing bargains (especially on clothes) is like a high for me. I'll have to get a picture of him in it because he looks really good in it, but then again I may be slightly biased. To celebrate his B-day I made dinner for him and later that weekend we went on a date. Nothing too special but I always love going on dates with my hansom husband!

The Birthday Recipes:
Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Buttery Cinnabun Cake

I made this a few weeks ago for some friends:
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Swirl Bread Pudding with A Sweet Maple Drizzle

2 comments:

Amy said...

sounds like it was fun and a success. I love when i try new things and they actually turn out! Good job!

Stephanie said...

Sounds good, let me know next time you make it and I'll stop by to try it.