Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dallas Symphony Orchestra


Last Saturday Josef and I went to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) Christmas concert. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to go because Sofia was really sick that day with a high fever. But thankfully my parents convinced us to go anyway and they came over and took care of our sick little girl. The tickets were a little pricey but it was worth every cent. The concert was absolutely magical! I felt like a wide eyed child during the first song which was "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" with herald trumpets (the long trumpets with flags hanging down). I can't put into words the joy I felt listening to all of my favorite carols (and some new ones that I hadn't heard before)played and sung by wonderfully talented musicians. The concert also featured the Dallas Symphony Choir and a children's choir. Here are some pictures from the evening. You will have to pardon the blurry pictures.

This was our view of the concert.


Us during the intermission.

6 comments:

Amy said...

wow that looks awesome! I'm glad you guys went and were able to have fun

Brook and Jason :) said...

JENNY!! Your little Sofia is the cutest baby ever! Who knew you were gonna have such good looking kids?! (hehe) I miss you! Hope all is going well!

Heather said...

Hey Jenny, This is Aria's mom, Heather. I really like your site. Would you please tell me how you got the "1 week ago" or "3 weeks ago", etc ... messages to show up under the Frieds links section?

Jenny said...

Heather, to answer your question: you go to Edit Layout and add a gadget. Its called blog list. I think its the first one.

Dave said...

wow im jealous immediately! hope you guys are doing well! we need to get together again. talk to you soon...

P.S. The christmas music on ur site is sweet. haha

Scott Blog said...

You are so lucky to go to that concert! I love music concerts!! Glad you had a great time.